The effective and easy tips to save themselves from hay fever without resorting to drugs.
To reduce the discomfort associated with allergy to pollen, just implement easy strategies here.
1. As soon as you get home, change clothes. And in the spring wash your hair more frequently than the rest of the year because it can become a receptacle of pollen, as demonstrated for other allergens (like cat).
2. During the day you do the nasal wash, several times, to clean the mucous membranes with solutions of water and salt, special sprays or micronized showers, which you can purchase at pharmacies without a prescription.
3. At night wash your face, but especially eyelids, eyelashes and eyebrows with the detergent that you use regularly or even just with water, cleaning can remove allergens and polluting substances that accumulate in areas around the eye throughout the day and can sometimes cause dermatitis.
4. Avoid outdoor activities during times when pollen concentrations are higher, i.e. between 10 and 16: no jogging or cycling.
5. At home, if you can, dry sheets and towels indoors to avoid that collect pollen.
6. Do ventilate the rooms keeping the windows open during the cooler hours, early morning and evening, and never between 10 and 16. There are no precise figures, but they seem useful air conditioners with special filters that retain and prevent the ingress of pollen.
7. Avoid trips to the countryside or hiking in the hills with the flowering of the trees (birch, hornbeam, cypress). In the spring the better is the sea or the mountain above one thousand meters, where Parietaria is not growing, and both the trees and grasses flourish later.
8. Travel with closed windows car and use air conditioners, now equipped with pollen filters. For motorbike, it’s better if you wear the helmet.
9. Remember that pollen concentrations are higher on windy days and sunny ones. The rain is beneficial to the pollens of trees (flying very high and the rain usually strikes them), while it may make it worse if you have a problem with Parietaria (moisture causes the fragmentation of the pollen of the plant, to more deep into the airways). Attention to the violent storms that can cause asthma attacks in allergic to pollen.
10. During the flowering period limits the use of contact lenses, if the ports. The pollen grains can be trapped between the lens and the eye. Use sunglasses whenever possible.
11. Alcohol worsens allergic rhinitis, because it stimulates mucus production and dilates vessels: restricts wine, beer and hard alcohol.